Enthalpy and Entropy of Vaporization of Water
- Use 125 flasks with septums.
'procedure' that you will put on board:
1. measure V of flask
2. drop P in flask below 0.5 atm to check for leaks
3. measure P (at room temp) = Pair --> nair
4. heat up water bath to ~80C.
5. insert 3 mL of water, put in water bath (switch hotplates to cool one) let stabalize 4 min.
6. run expt (cooling) until down to 40C
- setup excel spreadsheet (there is a screencast, remember)
- predict slope and y intercept based on actual values Hval @ 100 40.65 kJ/mol @0C 45.05 kJ/mol Svap = 108.951 J/Kmol